Damage Caused Within Hours
- Furniture that has direct contact with water will start to delaminate/swell causing the legs to split.
- When wood starts to swell it will cause the finish to crack.
- Gypsum board and drywall will swell and disintegrate.
- The smell of mildew will start to become apparent.
- Metal surfaces will begin to tarnish, corrode, and rust.
Damage Caused Within Days
- Sever warping of wood items.
- Adhesives in wood release.
- Paint blisters and plaster dissolves.
- Doors and windows casings swell and delaminate.
These are a few things you will start to see the longer the water goes un treated. The next time you experience a water loss be sure to waste no time find a certified professional to extract the water and begin the drying process. It’s up to you to prevent any further damage.